About the Marina Shul
The Marina Shul was established by Rabbi Yossi and Faigie Naparstek in 2002 as a center to serve the Jewish community of Marina del Rey and Venice.
The Marina Shul is your place in the Marina del Rey/Venice area for spiritual guidance, Jewish Holiday events, Shabbat dinners, Passover Seders, children's programming traditions and culture for families in the greater Peabody area.
The Marina Shul is dedicated to providing every Jew regardless of background, philosophy or level of commitment, an open door environment for strengthening and enhancing Jewish family life. The Marina Shul center serves individuals and families looking for an anchor and non-judgmental, accepting, personalized Jewish experience.
The Marina Shul offers “Digestible Judaism,” and a home away from home for everyone who walks through its doors.
What to expect at the Marina Shul:
1. Every Jew, regardless of background or level of observance, is as Jewish as Moses. There are no denominations, we are all one family. You are always at home with family.
2. Each individual’s journey goes at their own pace. We at the Marina Shul simply offer the tools to delve deeper and climb higher within the rich Jewish tradition
3. Every Mitzvah (commandment) and good deed has its own independent, infinite value. Judaism is not all or nothing.
4. We are all on a journey. No questions are out of bounds. All questions are good questions. The only bad question is an unasked one.
5. The Torah is the inheritance of every Jew. It is yours. Feel free to claim it regardless of past experience.
6. Serve G‑d with joy! Every activity at the Marina Shul is permeated with the joyous Chassidic spirit.
7. Love of our fellow is at the core of Judaism. If there is anyway we can help materially or spiritually please let us know.
8. No need to pay to pray. All are welcome with no membership or dues. We cover our costs through voluntary contributions. Each Chabad center is an independent entity and financially self- supporting. Every penny we receive comes from people in this community and remains right here.
9. If you are looking for more spirituality, community, Jewish life, or Torah learning you have come to the right place. Pick and choose from our smorgasbord of programs. Whether you've walked into a Synagogue before or not, the Marina Shul has something for you.